Luminar Forum

This is an independent community forum for the photo editing software "Luminar/ Luminar Neo" (Skylum). Register for a free account and reserve you preferred username before someone else takes it.

Still trying to switch from Lightroom, but...

DrMikeinpdx

I've discovered two things that Luminar Neo won't do that were an important part of my workflow when I was using Lightroom.

1. When I use automatic masking to mask a person's teeth for whitening, Lightroom would allow me to add a bit of color shift to blue. Neo doesn't have that, so my subjects who have yellow teeth, just end up with brighter yellow! Dumb. I guess I could mask the teeth in each photo manually, but I'm spoiled now and don't want to do that much extra work.

2. With Lightroom, I've been able to add a simple text watermark during the export process. This is handy, as I can vary the characteristics of the watermark quite easily. Neo requires me to create a watermark using another app, like Paint, for example. Kind of a pain.

It's looking like I might take advantage of Luminar's money back guarantee. Am I missing something?

Back